Product RoadmapPowering curriculum, teaching and learning at schools worldwide.
Lesson Portal Improvements
Consistent UI with new Unit Calendar, new month view, increased functionality for list view
Public Site Improvements
New Month view, and improved week and list views. New Lessons to Review page
Sync with Units and Lessons with Google Calendar
Users can easily access units/lessons from their Google Calendars
Updated Unit Calendar Release
User-friendly improvement with more accessible course description and new Month View
Special Editing Privileges by Subject
This allows department heads or teacher leaders/ administrators easier access to relevant courses
Additional Filters for System Admins to Manage Courses
Additional filters make it easier for System Administrators to adjust course assignments
Edit Lessons Side-by-Side with Units
Multiple Assessment Methods in an Assessment
Atlas UI Enhancement
An updated and modernized Atlas has been released. That means a smoother experience, better accessibility, and it’s ADA compliant (video here).
Lesson Submission and Review
Teachers can submit lessons to colleagues or supervisors for review, and receive feedback.
ClassLink Single Sign On
Comments and Discussions on Unit, Lessons, and reports!
The existing notes and discussions functions will be replaced by new and intuitive commenting and discussion features. Having public and private discussions on curriculum and instruction will be easy on Atlas.
OneRoster Data Sync
Standards Overview for Lessons
Archiving for Lessons
Lessons are now archived with units during the annual archiving process, allowing teachers to go back and revisit older versions of a lesson taught in previous years.
Curriculum Process Assistant
Curriculum Director’s best assistant! Customizable tool that puts all resources and communications needed to plan and implement a successful curriculum process at your schools. Use preset steps, or create your own modules with content; and draft & schedule communications to send out to staff at various stages. Great for keeping the institutional memory!
Draft Status for Units
Standards Prioritization within a Unit
Curriculum Developers can identify Priority and Supporting standards for each unit. Learn more here.
Lesson Planning Collaboration
Users can invite others to collaborate on lessons they create across all grade levels and disciplines. This makes cross-disciplinary collaboration a breeze!
Atlas can be launched within Learning Management Systems such as Canvas and Schoology. This provides visibility of the school curriculum to teachers so they can design and deliver instruction guided by the curriculum map.
Improved First Login Experience & Dashboard
- Access all of your courses from the Dashboard.
- Add a new unit or lesson with one click.
- Navigate simplified menus with ease.
Teaching a course you did not personally design the curriculum for? No problem. With clearly delineated roles between a curriculum writer and a teacher, schools can create centralized curriculum and view how different teachers implement the curriculum in their classrooms through lesson planning.
Microsoft Azure SSO
Users can sign in to Atlas with MS Azure Credentials.
Atlas Integration with ManageBac
- Atlas users can log in with their ManageBac credential.
- ManageBac users with Atlas accounts can move seamlessly between the two products.
- Classes in ManageBac are pre-associated with Atlas Curriculum Maps, allowing units from the maps to appear in ManageBac.
- The units can be edited directly in ManageBac within an iframe.
Read more about the integration here.
Users of both Atlas and ManageBac can now log in to Atlas using their ManageBac credentials.
School-Managed Lesson Planner Templates
Admins can design lesson plan templates for any teacher to access and create new lessons!
- Up to eight active admin-created templates are supported per site.
- Unlimited number of draft templates are supported. Draft templates are marked “inactive”.
- Our new Rich Text Editing tool supports tables to include in lesson templates.
- Admin-managed templates are prefixed with a school house icon so it’s easy for teachers to distinguish them from their own templates.
Manage Dormant User Accounts
Some users have not logged into your Atlas site since 2016. To make your site more secure and user-management easier, we have dormant users visible. If any of these users need access to Atlas again, simply click on “Activate Account”, and a confirmation email will go to the users, allowing them to regain access.
All pie and bar charts in Atlas are updated to use Hichart, making visualization of your curriculum data clear, colorful, and concise.
Enhanced Rich Text
The enhanced text editor in Atlas allows for new functionality in all text fields:
- Add tables
- Embed active links
- Embed images and videos
- Resize embedded images
- Change color of text and highlight text
- Select from floating text editor as you scroll
Sharing Lessons in Google Classroom
- Share your lessons to your Google Class
- Click “View” on any of your lessons, then use the “Share to Google Classroom.”
Customizable Lesson Planner Template
- Each user can create and manage their own Lesson Templates (up to 8).
- Any collaborator of a unit can create lessons associated with the unit.
- Collaborators can see details of their own lessons, as well as other collaborators’ lessons. Non-collaborators can only see lesson titles.
- Lessons can align to standards with easy access to unit-targeted standards.
- Lessons can have attachments.
- Lessons can be deleted. (And will later show up in the recycle bin when it’s in place).
- Owner can re-sort lessons.
- Lessons can be printed to PDF.
Color Options in Unit Calendar
You get to decide which color you want the unit to be! Use this great feature to clearly categorize the units in a course.
No need to download every attachment to view it. Simply click the MS Office or PDF files attached to your curriculum to get a preview before deciding whether you need to download them.
My Atlas Dashboard
The new dashboard will allow for quick and easy access to key areas in Atlas
Enhanced Rich Text Editor
A new text editor in units and lessons will make the planning easier with additional functionality