Faria Generative Artificial Intelligence (AI): Acceptable Usage Policy
While Generative Artificial Intelligence (GenAI) is just starting to scratch the surface of what it can do, we, at Faria, are excited about how it can help transform and support the work being done by educators around the world. We believe we must be intentional with its use and we wanted to share our vision for GenAI at Faria and share our responsibility for our employees and to our customers. The Vision for the integration of generative artificial intelligence (GenAI) into Faria’s services is as follows:
- To commit to advancing education by integrating transformative technologies throughout our platforms in a consistent way
- To promote the ethical use of GenAI through designs that maximize AI’s utility while also ensuring responsible use
- To offer GenAI services with better transparency, intentionality, and personalization than our competition
- To establish trust by utilizing focus groups and feedback sessions to inform product development and prioritization
- To supercharge customer support by enabling more productive agent problem-solving with GenAI technologies.
Faria is therefore committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all its employees, contractors, partners and customers, including our responsible use of generative AI tooling.
- The use of generative AI tooling should be limited to business-related purposes and in line with the values of the organization.
- All assets created through the use of generative AI systems must be professional and respectful. Employees should avoid using offensive or abusive language and should refrain from engaging in any behavior that could be considered discriminatory, harassing, or biased when applying generative techniques.
- Employees must not share any confidential or sensitive information with generative AI tooling, including but not limited to sensitive information, passwords, certificates, personally identifiable information (PII), asset names, secrets and tokens.
- Employees must protect their login credentials and ensure that their generative tooling accounts are not accessible to unauthorized individuals.
- Generative AI systems must be used in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including data protection, privacy laws, geographical restrictions and Faria’s Information Security Policy.
- An AI Ethics Team has been created to review and address any questions and issues raised by employees, contractors, partners or customers in regards to generative AI usage.
Faria Responsibility to Customers
- Any generative AI incorporated in Faria products will be vetted against discriminatory, biased, or harassing behavior.
- Any generative AI incorporated in Faria products is to benefit and support our customer’s work in education, it is not to replace anyone or anything.
- Faria is not responsible for the output of the generative AI, but will do its best to limit the output to educational needs.
- Faria will provide visibility of any AI created content, to our customers.
- Faria will allow customers to opt in to generative AI; customers won’t be forced to use or adopt generative AI in any of our platforms.
- Faria will state when AI has been used in our content creation.
How AI Won’t Be Used at Faria
- Faria will never reenact someone by using generative AI, without their explicit consent.
- Faria will never use generative AI to create any content that is illegal, discriminatory, defamatory, or otherwise offensive or inappropriate to our employees, contractors, partners and customers.
- Faria will never use generative AI to harass, bully, intimidate, or discriminate against other employees or external parties.
- Faria will never use AI:
- To share confidential or sensitive information with unauthorized individuals, including external parties that provide generative AI services.
- To engage in any activity that could compromise the security or integrity of the business using generative AI systems, including attempting to open up access to unauthorized data sets and systems.
- To violate any applicable laws or regulations, including data protection, intellectual property, privacy laws or geographical restrictions.
Atlas does not assume any responsibility or liability for the use of content generated by AI. The Atlas team has done its best to limit the content for educational purposes, but we are not responsible for any output. Individual users must evaluate all output to ensure it is accurate and appropriate for the intended audience.
Please work with your institution to follow all AI policies that may be in place. Content generated by Atlas AI Assistant is meant to be used as a starting point or point of inspiration for curriculum development only.