by Rubicon International
Whether you’re new to the Next Generation Science Standards or you consider yourself an NGSS expert, we’ve wrangled our most helpful resources together in one place! We’ve also recommended some of our favorite pointers from fellow NGSS experts.
Part I: Welcome to the NGSS!
New to the Next Generation Science Standards? Need a refresher? Looking for some resources to send to your team? Check out these blog posts and infographics that break down the NGSS in an understandable way and provide take-aways for immediate implementation. Move your mouse onto any image to gain more details, or click on the image itself to read more!
Part II: NGSS in the Classroom
Looking to improve on your NGSS classroom instruction? Need a fresh idea or a new take? Below are some classroom-oriented resources to make the most the Next Generation Science Standards.
Part III: Our Favorites from Our Friends
Need more NGSS resources? Some of our favorites include:
- TJ McKenna’s site on NGSS phenomena for ideas to hook and anchor your units!
- A free Professional Development Toolkit for Translating the NGSS into Instruction and Classroom Assessment!
- This STEM Teaching Tools site, currently focused on tools to enhance NGSS teaching!
- Ambitious Science Teaching, which offers resources to push the limits of instruction!
- Paul Andersen’s video explanations of absolutely everything in the NGSS!
- NGSS Example Bundles, released in June 2016 and continuing!
- Check out New Jersey’s “Model Curriculum,” aligned to the NGSS!
- NSTA’s guide to Designing Units and Lessons!
- Prepmagic.com offers interactive tools that help teachers connect abstract STEM concepts to real world experiences.
- While not officially affiliated with the NGSS, Wonderopolis presents “phenomena” in the form of wonders worthy of investigating with students!
Let us know if you have any great resources we left out at email@example.com.